Is temping for you?
Temping is a great way to gain experience in different industries and in many cases it can lead to an offer for a contract or permanent role. A great way to meet new people, it offers flexibility and can complement your CV with new skills and industry experiences.
Roles vary from long-term to short, or mid-term holiday cover. Some roles are called in last minute, and sometimes you won’t know what or where you will be working until the day you are required – that’s just the nature of temping!
Unlike contracting, you’re on our payroll and we take care of all your tax, PAYE and holiday requirements. All you do is complete an online time-sheet each week for client approval.
We encourage all candidates to contact us any time for any support or advice during their assignments with us– that’s what we are here for after all. We consider all of our temporary workers to be part of our team and we feel an important part of our job is to support you on an on-going basis.
We can offer exciting, challenging and rewarding opportunities in some of New Zealand’s leading organisations, so get in touch and enquire about temping with Emergent.
There is a wide variety of roles available explore here
We don’t believe in pushing people into roles and we don’t just want to fill a space. We want to fill roles with candidates who are excited about the role.
We value your open and honest answers around what motivates you, what doesn’t and what your ideal role looks like.
Our Registration Process:
- After an initial phone chat with one of our Consultants, you may be invited in for an interview.
- Physical (or Virtual) Interview, we like to be thorough in order to find you the ‘right’ job. This means we take our time to get to know ‘you’ – the individual – as well as your career history.
- With all things worth while, it takes time. So we suggest allowing up to 2 hours for the whole registration process
- Treat the agency interview like any other job interview, make sure to bring all appropriate paperwork including:
- Up to date CV (unless emailed to us)
- Photo ID (Preferably Passport)
- NZ Visa – if applicable
- Original academic transcripts
- Applicable licences or certificates
- Anything else you think we need to see!
Area of expertise
We are experienced in a variety of temp roles including:
- Office and Administration Managers
- Executive Assistants
- Personal Assistants
- Team Administrators
- Project Administrators
- Receptionists and Frontline Administrators
- General Administrators & Office Juniors
- Data Entry Personnel
- Customer Service/Helpdesk
- Accounting Support
- Legal Secretaries
- Legal EA/PA
- Word Processing Operators
- Legal Executives
Once you start working please keep us up to date on any change in details, new skills and experience. Keep us up to date about any availability changes